Madeira Swim & Tennis Club Rules & Regulations
Click here to view MSTC Code of Regulations
- All members and guests must use proper entrance and follow proper admission procedure.
- Members must show proper identification upon request.
- Membership privileges may not be loaned under any circumstances.
- The pool will be closed when deemed necessary for safety by the pool manager.
- No running, pushing, wrestling or causing undue disturbance or abusing Club property or equipment in or about the pool area. This is at the discretion of the pool manager
- Toys or water equipment of reasonable size will be permitted within the pool and deck area only when the pool is not crowded. This is at the discretion of the pool manager.
- Pets are not permitted on the Club grounds at any time.
- Bicycles, scooters, and all other non-motorized, wheeled vehicles shall be parked only in designated areas. No such non-motorized, wheeled vehicles are allowed inside the club’s fenced grounds, including the tennis courts.
- The Club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
- The cost of any damage to the Club will be charged to the responsible members. Members are responsible for their guests.
- The Board requests that no member reprimand an employee. All complaints should be reported to the pool manager but may also be submitted to the Club secretary in writing. The Club president will report findings, comments, and solutions to the Board of Trustees.
- Bands hired for pool parties require prior approval by board.
Health & Safety
- All persons using Club facilities do so at their own risk. The Club will not be responsible for any accidents or injury in connection with such use. All injuries must be reported to the Club manager.
- Smoking is permitted only in the designated areas.
- Food or refreshments are permitted only in prescribed areas.
- Admission to the pool shall be denied to persons suffering obvious diseases and/or injuries of the skin, eye, or respiratory tract unless exempted by medical certificate.
- All bathers must shower before entering the pool.
- All glass articles are prohibited within the pool and deck areas.
- Parents must closely supervise young children at all times.
- All children who cannot swim must have an adult parent or guardian within arm’s reach at all times. This rule applies even if a child is wearing a safety or lifejacket
- Children over 12 years of age on the Club grounds without parents or legal guardians will be subject to the direction of discipline of the designated Club employee.
- Children under 12 years of age are permitted on the Club grounds only under one or more of the following conditions:
- a. Under the direct care and supervision of a parent, legal guardian or babysitter. (Babysitter must be 12 or older and is subject to guest rules.)
- b. Member children 10 to 12 years of age whom have passed their swim test specified by the pool manager.
- c. The above limitations do not apply when the child is attending an organized and supervised swim lesson or social event.
- Use of the wading pool shall be limited to children under 6 years of age. Children in the wading pool must be properly supervised at all times by parent, or sitter and are the responsibility of the parent
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers only. Swim diapers are available for sale from the office.
- All guests must register and be accompanied by the sponsoring member before entering the pool grounds and/or tennis courts.
- Houseguests, staying overnight at a member’s house and having a residence beyond a 35 mile radius of the Club, may use the pool up to a 2 week period upon payment of proper fees (any time during the season). Houseguests may purchase 2 week guest privileges at $40 per adult and $15 per child 6 and under. Houseguests may purchase 1 week privileges at $25 per adult and $5.00 per child.
- Guests are allowed on any day.
- Babysitter admission will be allowed to those hired to supervise member(s)’s children. Admission is only allowed when attending to children; entrance with adult members present requires payment of standard guest fee for that day.
- Special individual requests for guest passes, not defined by the categories above, shall be submitted to the Club Manager in writing. The Club Manager shall submit such requests to the Board of Directors. The Board shall review and pass decision on such requests.
$5.00 per person $2.00 for children 6 and under. Each guest will be restricted to 5 visits per year; after this $20.00 will be charged per visit. If an adult member brings a family (3 or more) to the Club, $10.00 will be charged. If a group of 10 or more is brought into Club for a party or get together, prior arrangements must be made with management and $3 per person will be charged for all non-members.
- Do not dive in areas marked “NO DIVING.”
- Only members or guests who can swim without assistance may use the diving boards.
- Only one person shall be allowed on the diving board at one time.
- Swimming through the diving area is prohibited except to clear the area following a dive, or when a lifeguard has closed the diving area and announced that swimming is permitted.
- Diving off the sides of the diving boards is prohibited. Diving off sides of the pool in diving area is prohibited unless permitted by lifeguard.
- Non-swimmers shall not be permitted to dive or to swim in the diving section. Parents/legal guardians may not catch children off the diving boards. Any exception is at the discretion of the lifeguard.